Thursday 2 February 2012

weaved details

Back with more pictures! Gonna do my farewell gatherings next but first down to some simple updates and HKG day 4 (gotta finish this) :)

Trying to grow out my bangs and I'm having a hard time with it because my fringe doesn't stay on the right side, causing me to have lots of stray hairs!

my WIW on the last 2 days while having to try out my new tote:
IMG_6718IMG_6727
love how the large tote goes well with casual wear; especially with maxi dress :)
IMG_6721IMG_6723
having steamboat @ my best friend, Mon's place with our other best friend, Mel. It's the girlfriends-for-life thing we are committed to, haha!
On your right is my new blackberry bold 9900 which I'll be using when I relocate. Touchscreen x keypad = shiok!

my last review that will be shot and written locally;
mus4mus2mus3mus1
weaved with love tote in mustard from littlenineone
dress from smooch

Handpicked and imported from overseas, this PU leather bag is extremely roomy! It's a farewell gift for me because I've been complaining about how little bags I could bring abroad with my luggage limit and how important it is that those bags should be able to fit all my travel essentials.
_MG_9523_MG_9526
I'm extremely particular about the quality of bags as I've purchased online bags that are poor in quality before, so I only put forth the good quality ones to review. In this case, the man-made leather has a very nice felt touch to it, both interior and exterior.
Check out its pretty weaved strap details!
_MG_9506

_MG_9527
Bag also comes with a detachable bag organizer which you can secure to the bag by 2 buttons on its side, or choose to use the bag organizer for another of your tote. I'm awed by this.
_MG_9507
2 side straps which mimics the LV neverfull style.

Able to hold A4 documents and files securely (I would place my Vivi mags);
_MG_9497_MG_9500
Interior using the bag organizer compartment - my makeup pouch, wallet, glasses, laced cardigan
Comes in five stylish colors, it's a great choice for work or casual dates if you're loving large totes like I do!

* * *

Started my day going to Aji Ichiban for awesome snacks....
_MG_8797_MG_8798
They can even pack braised eggs, fwah, i gotta get some when i go back to HKG this year!

Bought JS' favorite peel chestnuts before we got to our brunch venue.
_MG_8799

Mido Cafe :>:>
_MG_8805
It was raining heavily all day that day :(

Most hong kong cafes and char chan ting have their menus pasted on the desk. Quite a good idea huh, so the menus never leave the tables.
_MG_8808
_MG_8809
It's said to be the oldest char chan ting (tea cafe) in Hong Kong, decked with old furnishings, and first established in 1950.

Love how they always serve their iced milk tea with crushed ice *bites on ice*
_MG_8810_MG_8812

If you are seated near the windows, here's what it'll look like;
_MG_8815_MG_8814
Me plonked in the center of the cafe 'cos food > ideal seats.

Js ordered the curry chicken rice, while I had the famous (must-order) pork chop baked rice.
Onions and curry are a good combination, can't stop stealing the sliced onions :)
_MG_8822_MG_8827
fried eggs and fried rice, topped with mild sweet sauce before entering oven.

I like the food here, honestly!
_MG_8823_MG_8828

Another picture of the baked rice;
_MG_8829

Random pictures of the interior (cafe seated with locals and tourists) and the old cash machine;
_MG_8831_MG_8838

Address?
_MG_8839
Mido Cafe
63 Temple Street
Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon

Found an *ahem* store along the streets of YMT;
_MG_8845_MG_8849_MG_8850_MG_8853
took pictures of the surroundings before we left YMT to Tsim Tsa Tsui (TST) which I've been there for so many times, it bores me! :(
I'll try to stay away from it during weekends man, the Chanel and LV stores are filled with queues longer than SG's. I guess it's worst in Paris.
_MG_8854
Were here to take the Star Ferry to Central!
_MG_8857
spot me!!
_MG_8863_MG_8867_MG_8868
my boyfriend and the scenic views of the financial hub somewhat clouded by the rainy + hazy weather.
_MG_8858_MG_8869

Arrived at Central because we wanted to do a touristy thing that day - to visit mid-levels!
_MG_8875_MG_8876

crossing the bridge and opposite us is the biggest Apple store in HK.
_MG_8879_MG_8889
sigh, why electronics in HK so cheap cheap one?
Macbook is cheaper than mine in one of the stores and I thought mine is at its cheapest (since I bought it during the Apple.com.sg sale)
气死了!

Mid-Levels, Central
_MG_8901

Located halfway up Victoria Peak, residents are mostly locals and professional expats.
Also called an expensive residential region in HK (source: Wikipedia)
_MG_8896_MG_8899

Took numerous escalators up but was disappointed that the (mostly western) cafes and restaurants were full. Couldn't find a decent place to have tea ;(
_MG_8897
No like this place on weekends, disappointed! :(
Walked around IFC with JS' dampened mood (he hates rainy weather). I wanted to TWG there, but urghhhh weekends, being weekends, queues so long that we had to go for an early dinner.

Rang Peiyu to meet her @ Mongkok to have our favorite local dim sum!
_MG_8908_MG_8909_MG_8910_MG_8912
@ Tim Ho Wan
2-20 Kwong Wa Street
Mong Kok, Kowloon

It was once a one Michelin-star, outlets are in Mongkok and 2 other locations in HK.

Must-have crispy char siew paos. Its crust feels somewhat like po lo buns, but better.
_MG_8913_MG_8914
Filled with tasty, sweet roasted pork fillings.
Regretted not having more!

Also a must-have for me; their rice rolls with prawn filling. I love how light their sweet sauce is, and the prawns are pretty fresh that night!
_MG_8919

Our companion for dinner who wouldn't ditch good dim sum and dessert after hiking;
_MG_8920

prawn dumplings and pork dumplings ( hargow, siewmai) which I thought was average HK standard, not what I will specially recommend though;
_MG_8921_MG_8931
with dim sum so affordably priced, you can just order almost everything!

I forgot to take a picture of the lotus leaf wrapped glutinous rice - another must have because it's awesome.

Custard bun which JS ate all of them because we didn't fancy. JS said they were average.
_MG_8922

Ma La Gou, Brown Sugar steamed spongecake - a must try when you're here.
Peiyu and I liked this, though I heard there's a better ma la gou somewhere else in HK..
_MG_8923

fried springrolls, also another dish which isn't special. Ate because we wanted to try everything.
_MG_8924
The thing about HK food is it's either really good, or average.
Even their fast food Maxim dishes, though called fast food, taste better than our local hawker fares.

Full = happy
Reasonable ( or somewhat cheap) = happier!
_MG_8933

@ Lucky Dessert
25-27 Soy St (at Tung Choi St), Mong Kok
_MG_8935_MG_8937
Mommy's recommendation, and of our 2 HK trips here together, we had our durian cravings satisfied!
Durian desserts can't get better than this :)

Lastly, (jess if you read this, haha, we went back again)...
_MG_8939

I'm sure with too much good food, comes heaty body. A herbal tea that my bestie had the day we went for steamboat;
_MG_8938_MG_8940
24 taste tea and the honey lo han guo (must try) is superrrr!
They have seats so you can chit chat while having bowls of herbal tea, we had 2 each :D
It's located opposite Langham Place, near little sheep steamboat (xiaofeiyang) @ Mongkok.

OK that's about it, time to order Mcdelivery for breakfast!!! :D
JS' going to briefing for his re-service later before we spend my last weekend in SG :(